Friday Top Five: Volume 1
Here at Fried Tofu we think Fridays are definitely the best day of week. And to celebrate this fact, we will start sharing our top five current obsessions every other Friday. These can include newly discovered food blogs (or other sweet websites), products we can’t stop using, food we can’t stop eating, books we can’t stop reading and TV shows or movies we can’t stop watching.
So here it goes, our first Friday Top Five list:
1. Cold Antler Farm Blog. I’ve been reading about Jenna’s journey as a homesteader for a few years now. Her blog is beautifully written, and helps those of us with farm-envy get an inside glimpse into the daily ongoings of life on the farm.
2. Chicago Diner in Logan Square. I have been here about ten times since it opened in December, however I eat the food so fast that I still have yet to take one picture so I can write up a review. Drool over my friend Sarah-Mai’s photos on her Eat Pure blog for now until I slow down to take some of my own.
3. Almond Oil in lieu of lotion. So great for your skin during the harsh winter months, when dryness is inevitable. I have problematic skin, and almond oil doesn’t bother me at all!
4. Catfish: The TV Show. Um, hello? Is this not the most cuckoo-bananas show you have ever seen? So crazy, but I can’t turn it off. I need to know who is going to open the door!
5. Brothy Soups. It’s been so very cold in Chicago and all I seem to want for lunch and dinner is a piping hot bowl of brothy soup. Lately I have found myself eating alot of Amy’s Soups as well as homemade Ramen. This latest obsession has inspired us to have a soup Face Off (Kale & Bean soup to be exact), so stay tuned!