Friday Top Five: Volume 5 (Yay Spring!!)
Ok, this picture is from last year, but I used it to remind me that no matter what, Spring will get here. It might be still somewhat cold, have rain the forecast for the next 7 days, but the sun will come out, we will feel its warmth on our faces, and it will be awesome. Soon the balmy days and crisp nights will draw us out and about. Reemerging from our houses and apartments, with anticipation about things to come (farmer’s markets, spring veggies, and having our first meal outside) and we must look our best. So, here at Fried Tofu, we are moving out of our winter standards, and in to our spring routine.
Here we go. Today’s Friday Top Five is dedicated to our love of Spring and how we are getting ready for it!
1. My Paprika is Hotter than Yours. First things first. Spring is the time to get your nails did. The toes are coming out of hibernation, and regular pedicures are a must. My new go-to color is orange, and this color from OPI is at the top of the list. Of course, the name would have something to do with food…
2. Yes to Tomatoes Facial Towelettes. Spring is also the time to get back outside and start working out again. Working up a sweat while training for my upcoming triathlon (whoppie!) will be a major cause of acne-anxiety. This means I always have these facial towelettes in my gym bag or close at hand when I get home from running or biking. I love the way they smell, and how they remove all the workout-sweat-build-up before it can wreak havoc on my face.
3. Kiss My Face Olive & Aloe Fragrance Free Moisturizer. If the toes are out, the legs aren’t far behind. Kiss My Face Moisturizer is one of my new favorites that helps to keep my skin from drying out, but does it without being heavy or greasy. All of the Kiss My Face line is made with natural ingredients and I have no qualms about using this as my face moisturizer in a pinch.
4. Éminence Citrus Lip Balm. Ever had a lip balm that doesn’t dry out your lips? If not, give this Éminence Citrus Lip Balm a try. Our Pilates studio sells the cruelty free Éminence product line at their spa – we love trying out the samples before/after class, thanks Soulistic!
5. Lush Soaps. I love gazing at the large bricks of soap when I visit the Lush cosmetics counter. If you buy some they carve off custom sized bars for you depending on your needs – body soap or hand soap size. Sometimes I just get them to display in my home, but they are also good at cleaning and conditioning your skin.