Friday Top Five – Volume 10: Morgan’s Favorite Food Blogs
Having a rather large list if blogs I follow on a regular basis, I thought today’s top five would be just that: A list of my favorite food blogs. One has a bit if an edge, another demystifies going gluten free, but they all have amazing recipes and are at the top of their food blog game. I’m totally jealous of each of them, to say the least.
1. Thug Kitchen. This blog makes me feel two things: uncreative and totally uncreative. Voted the Best New Blog by Saveur, this is undeniably my all time favorite thing to read when I need a laugh or and am looking for a bit of inspiration. Not suitable to read at work or by impressionable youth, but everyone else, enjoy. Oh, and eat like you give a f^@*, please. Thanks. (Photo above curitociy of Thugkitchen.com)
Favorite Post: Grilled Romaine Hearts with Avocado and Lime Dressing
2. Joy the Baker. Joy, oh Joy. This lady’s blog has so much to offer, so don’t be fooled by the title. There are many, many, many amazing looking desserts, but that is not all. Not in the least.
Favorite Post: Breakfast Nachos
3. Shutterbean. If food porn is your thing, this blog will help you to get your fix. So many pretty pictures, so many yummy recipes, so many things I want to make. And eat. And drink.
Favorite Post: Bombay Fizz Cocktail
4. Sprouted Kitchen. Whenever I am in need of a crowd pleasing dish to bring to a party or get together, Sprouted Kitchen is the first place I go. Delicious but uncomplicated food that will having everyone asking you for the recipe.
Favorite Post: Walnut Crusted Salmon with Edamame Mash
5. Gluten Free Girl. Confused about what it takes to be GF? Looking for bread, pizza, or pastry recipes that are gluten free and totally delicious? Well, just peruse Gluten Free Girl’s blog or either of her cookbooks, and you will find what you are looking for. I promise.
Favorite Post: Pizza!