First Gazpacho and now Ceviche…sticking with the cold summer dishes theme I thought now would be a good time to post my Vegan Ceviche recipe. This cool, crisp salad is great served up with tortilla chips or my personal favorite, on top of a bed of lettuce.
Ceviche is traditionally a seafood dish where the selected seafood is “cooked” by being marinated in citrus juices. In my Vegan version of ceviche I so cleverly use hearts of palm to act as the octopus, a much more compassionate version, but still gives it the “look” of traditional ceviche. Enjoy!
1 can hearts of palm, chopped into 1/2 inch rings
1 english cucumber, diced fine
1/2 cup chopped cilantro pickled onions
5 radishes, diced fine
1 yellow bell pepper, diced fine
1 orange bell pepper, diced fine
3 roma tomatoes, diced
1 bunch of cilantro, rough choopped
1 serrano chili, diced – optional
juice of 2 limes
1/2 cup tomato juice
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
10-20 dashes of hot sauce
salt & pepper
1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- Pickle your onions according to Morgan’s instructions using cilantro for your herbs.
- Combine all ingredients (except avocado) into a medium-large mixing bowl.
- Allow to marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Stir ceviche, then lightly fold in the diced avocado just before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips or over a bed of lettuce.